Sunday, August 15, 2010

Singaporie Rice from Pakistan... Huh?

A closeup of Singaporie Rice
Singaporie rice is a dish that originates from Pakistan... Yeah, that is kind of confusing and truthfully, it makes no sense to me whatsoever. I really don't even know how Pakistanis came up with the name. Still, I love this dish. This version of Singaporie rice is made with a layer of white rice on the bottom. Then cooked chicken, vegetables, and noodles are spread on top as a second layer. The last layer is a topping made out of a mayonnaise and ketchup mixture. You have to make sure you have a lot of it, or else the rice will be too dry when you eat it.

There is rice under all this.
I was craving this the other day and I had to beg my mom to let me make it before she actually let me. This dish always reminds me of happy memories because usually my mom makes it on celebrations. Its funny though, 'cause my dad doesn't like Singaporie rice at all. He'll eat it without complaining but he doesn't enjoy it. So my mom always makes like two more dishes for my dad when she makes Singaporie rice. A funny memory.

Chicken before I mixed it with vegetables
Anyways, I'm making a cake as a present for my uncle. Look forward to seeing a post about that. :D But I may not have time to post in the rest of August since I'll be busy trying to add classes at the beginning of the semester. School is always hectic for me...

Ahh, lovely. This stuff tastes amazing, I swear.
© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.