Friday, August 13, 2010

Old is Gold

Ever heard of the phrase "Old is gold?" I think this phrase just signifies human nature's inability to accept change. But, if you really think about it, the newer, the better, right?

At the same time, I can't even imagine where I'd be without my previous attempts at painting. I never really took art classes. I just taught myself how to paint through trial and error. It started with sketches and it just grew from there. (Of course my supportive and pushy mother also helped me realize my love for art.) But in a way, old really is gold. For me, my older art has helped me further my appreciation and love for art. I know I'm totally killing the usage of the phrase, but it's true! Check out some of my older paintings.

This is a random watercolor of a very colorful street.

I painted this for my house, it's hanging in the family room.

This is one of those paintings my mother forced me to do. It was a present for a friend of hers.

I painted this for my brother. It's two wolves in front of a red moon.

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.