Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chicago Skyline Egg


I'm a born and raised SoCal girl. I feel at home in the bustling CA lifestyle - the people, the clothes, the parties, the beaches, the everything! But over the past few years, Chicago (and the Midwest) have become a central part of my life. I definitely feel myself being drawn to this beautiful city. 


Chicago is kind of underrated. It's beautiful, clean, and definitely a great tourist spot, but it just isn't as popular as other destinations and I don't know why not. The best part of Chicago is their skyline (my favorite part too). Whenever we road trip to or from Chitown and MI to visit S's family, we get a full view of the city. We've seen it at dawn, at sunset, in the daytime, at night, and I have to say that it is truly spectacular.


When my older sister got accepted to her dream graduate school, I knew she deserved a present worthy of the accomplishment. Both my older sister and I got married in Chicago so it was fitting that I paint her an ostrich egg with the Chicago skyline. In the past, I've already painted the skyline at night, so this time around, I decided to paint it in the daytime. Plus, the blue went with my sisters beach-y decor (she misses CA as much as I do). I added two ducks for a little romantic touch. Needless to say, she totally loved the egg.


I recently opened an Etsy shop where you can purchase a custom painted egg of your own. You can find the shop here. Just like I gifted this egg to my sister, they make beautiful, personal and unique gifts. They would also look just as good in your own home. Feel free to visit and shop around. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful!

Mehwish said...

I love this egg!! Sometimes I find myself staring at it and thinking about all the memories I have in Chicago. Thanks for the most thoughtful gift ever sis <3

Wardah said...

Api! You're welcome. You're the best! <3

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.