Monday, May 21, 2012

French Toast Kabobs


Good morning everyone!

Its Monday morning and I'd like to start this week off with an amazing breakfast recipe.  I recently saw a recipe for french toast kabobs on the Martha Stewart website.  The recipe looked great but it called for so many ingredients that I didn't have and didn't want to go out of my way to get (one of them being a thick sliced loaf of bread).  So I put a twist on her recipe and it tasted amazing.  What's unique about this french toast is that I created a thick slice by making a cream cheese sandwich with two slices of bread. That alone, my dear friends, is enough to make my stomach happy.  The exact steps to this deliciousness follow below.

French Toast Kabobs
Serves 4


Ingredients:
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk pinch of salt
pinch of sugar and cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 loaf white bread, crusts removed
2 tablespoons cream cheese spread
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 pint fresh blueberries
1/4 pint fresh raspberries
1 bananas, sliced
1/4 cup strawberries
skewers 


Step 1:  Beat eggs with milk, salt, and vanilla extract.  Cinnamon and sugar are optional but I recommend you put them in because french toast always tastes better sweet.


Step 2:  Spread 2 slices of bread with cream cheese, sprinkle sugar on both sides, and make a sandwich out of them.  Cut off the crusts and cut the sandwich into one inch cubes.


Step 3:  Melt one tablespoon of butter on a pan.  Dip the cubed bread in the egg batter and place the bread mixture in the pan; cook it while turning the cubes occasionally with a spatula, until it's browned on all sides. Cook the remaining cubes with the remaining butter.  Dust the cooked cubes with powdered sugar.


Step 4:  Thread the french toast cubes on to skewers alternating with the fruit.  Top the skewer with a strawberry and serve immediately with whipped cream or maple syrup.


Enjoy!

Ariana said...

Wow, looks delicious! I've been craving french toast, I can't wait to try this!

Mehwish said...

I don't really like french toast, but this was really good sis :)

Amnah said...

Oh my goodness!! This looks so yummy! I'm obsessed with French Toast! Such a fun way to serve. Would be super adorable for a brunch party.

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.