Sunday, January 15, 2012

Painting the Eiffel Tower


Last year, I painted a wall mural in my brother's room. We, my brother and I, decided to go with a black cityscape against the freshly painted snow blue walls. He gave me full rein as to which buildings to paint, as long as I included the Eiffel Tower. So, I decided to paint real and make-believe buildings that either held importance for the family or were his favorite places.

This corner of this wall is dedicated to the (make believe) "family-owned" businesses, including Farri's Kitchen, Arif Suites, and A.B. Computers. There is also a ferris wheel to complete the French theme.

The far left corner of the wall has some of my brother's favorite places to be including the Hershey's Factory, Costco, and a Ferrari showroom. He asked me to include a bank because his little city was missing one.

Last but not least, the middle of the wall, near the Eiffel Tower, had some more major names our family is accustomed to seeing almost daily; my father's workplace, Paris Baguette, my favorite bakery, and the Black Belt Center. A theater showing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was a must because my brother is a big fan of the series.

Practically every time someone first sees this mural, I get these questions.

1) Did you use a black marker to draw that?? Nope, I used black paint and a paint brush.
2) Why is there a plane flying directly towards the tower?! No, no, it's not like that! The paper airplane symbolizes my brother's dream to travel the world, France being one of his planned stops.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Leave a comment below letting me know where in the world you would like to travel to.


P.s. Look forward to a post about gorgeous zebra-inspired cakes soon!
Abdullah Arif said...

travel to south africa

Ayesha said...

Aaah this is so beautifuul! and this is what I call talent, mA!

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.